Supporting mental health looks different for everyone.
Each Aggie Matters offers support resources ranging from immediate crisis support, support offered in-person (including mental health appointments, confidential resources and other support areas) and to self-care strategies. Find out more about these resources by using the navigation menu to the left.
Questions about these resources? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions From UC Davis Students
Is there a charge or fee for counseling on campus?
Counseling Services are free to all UC Davis registered students.
How many sessions can I have at Counseling Services?
Counseling Services operates within a brief therapy model. On average, students typically have their needs met within 4-6 sessions during the academic year. Unfortunately, Counseling Services cannot offer long term therapy; however, they can help you get connected in the community.
It is important to highlight that group therapy work can be unlimited and often times students will transfer from individual therapy into a group for continued support.
How do I start counseling?
Schedule your initial appointment with Counseling Services by calling 530-752-2349 during regular business hours or by visiting North Hall.
Counseling Services offers additional counseling support on-campus.
- Students enrolled in the School of Veterinary Medicine may request an appointment by email at email@example.com.
- School of Medicine students may make an initial appointment request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School of Law students can schedule an appointment at King Hall by email at email@example.com.
- Counseling services is also offered within each of the following colleges. These locations have a counselor available specifically for the students within that college. Appointments are available by referral.
- College of Biological Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Letters and Science
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Science
Explore this page for additional information about Counseling Services.